i am sic

1.2.05

The resolution of issue number two

Issue number one
Re-work blog: check

Issue number two
Crap! Crap, crap, crap. My passport. Haven't looked at it in a while. Think it expires before the trip. Crap. Must get new one.

Shouldn't be a problem, right? Wrong.

I need a guarantor. Canadian citizen and resident. Member of certain select group of professions: doctor, lawyer, engineer, professor, pastor... Somebody I've known for at least two years.

Crap. I know several people who fall into the approved categories. I haven't known any of them for two years. I've known my pastors for a year and a half. Maybe they'd lie. Right. Crap.

Hmm... I'll look up the criteria for a guarantor. Maybe they've dropped it to one year. Maybe I'll be reminded of somebody I've forgotten to think about. Maybe pigs will fly. Crap.

What's that? Right there at the bottom of the list? Veterinarian, eh? Sweet! Saved by Beandog's health issues.

What's next on the list?

8 Comments:

  • Love the template of the reborn site, sic! Was it always like this?

    By Blogger CBK, at 11:20 a.m.  

  • Thanks! Nope. Used to be quite different. I've put a lot of work into the overhaul -- at the expense of my (um) work.

    s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:13 p.m.  

  • Don't tell me you missed the sarcasm in my comment! Tsk, tsk! Or do you turn it off for this blog?

    By Blogger CBK, at 3:37 p.m.  

  • List of excuses:

    -Just assumed you'd never been here before, is all...

    -Subtlety is lost on me. You have to jump and shout and wave your hands a bit to get me to notice anything.

    -My memory ain't the greatest.

    s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:44 p.m.  

  • The sarcasm was about my own blog's template. We're twins now.

    And you're welcome. :-)

    By Blogger CBK, at 4:45 p.m.  

  • How is that so with the passport? Everywhere I am a citizen of it is just a matter of returning the expired passport and getting a new one. It's only if you are getting a passport for the first time that you have to go through all the guarantor stuff.

    Or is Canada just completely different?

    By Blogger SJ, at 4:55 p.m.  

  • Oh, Ian, you may be a citizen of many countries (three? four?), but clearly Canada's not one of them. We're always different. There's no such thing as 'renewing' a passport. You apply for a passport. You get it and it's good for five years. When it expires, you start the whole application process over again.

    s

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:00 p.m.  

  • Citizen of two, permanent resident of a third. By the end of this year I will be a citizen of all three. And I might also be a permanent resident of yet another two...

    Guess I just like to get around...

    By Blogger SJ, at 11:36 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home