i am sic

3.3.05

Rough plan

I know. It's been a while.

It has taken me this long to figure out what I'm doing. I'm still not sure, but a plan is in the works. I don't think I can do the full trip. It's four weeks. Plus I know me and I know I'm going to need some time on my own afterwards. I have to go off for a bit and do my own thing.

If I go to India for one and a half weeks, and then go off on my own for another week and a half, I'll use up all my vacation time for the year in one go. At least I won't have to take any unpaid leave, though. I'm thinking I'll leave Toronto with the rest of the team on the 11th of May. I'll stay in Calcutta until the 21st or 22nd.

If this can be done within the context of the planned trip, that's great. If not, then I'll see what I can do about going on my own.

Once I leave Calcutta, I'll head to London for a few days of hanging out with my super-cool former roommate. Then a few days in Edinburgh bumming around on my own. Then this.

Then back home to Toronto, my dogs, my house, my job, my life...

3 Comments:

  • I heard that the streets of Calcutta are rivers of feces and fleshchunks that fell off lepers. From what I gather, shortly after wading through this scum, your flesh will turn bright purple and bubbles of creamy pus will weel up and burst when the slightest stress is placed upon them, particularly in the region of your ankleskin. Don't forget to pack extra sandals.

    Sounds fun! Please bring back samples. Sealed. And then London, too? Hope you like curry.

    By Blogger Bottle Rocket Fire Alarm, at 1:35 p.m.  

  • That's lovely. How positively delightful. If I find anything like that, be assured that I will indeed be sending you samples.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:15 p.m.  

  • Scotland rocks. I lived there for six and a half years. Much better than England. I'd give London a miss altogether if I were you.

    And if you ever come to Melbourne, let me know. (Although not right now because I'm in Ireland...)

    By Blogger SJ, at 4:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home