i am sic

31.5.05

One more time

Two hours to go. I should be at the airport by nine, and it's just past seven now. This afternoon I'll be home. Not sure if I'll have anywhere to sleep when I get there. Sounds like we've got a full house right now. The guy I sublet my room to is still there, which is fine. By rights, I guess it's his 'til tomorrow. But we also have a guest in our living room on the spare bed.

Don't know where that leaves me. I'm not sure I'll care. I might just curl up with the Stinky Monkey on the bathroom floor and go to sleep.

My stomach's feeling better today. Not great, perhaps, but better. I probably won't be up to my usual caloric intake for a few days yet. Not sure. My congestion, on the other hand, is not sounding good. I'm coughing from pretty deep. I've got a doctor's appointment booked for a few days after I get back, which I think is a good thing.

Right now I'm obsessed with food. Everything I see, I want to eat. Well, not everything... But I keep fantasising about various things, like: cheese sandwiches, vegemite on toast, rhubarb yogurt. It's weird. I'm perpetually hungry and yet -- at the same time -- can't bear the thought of eating. So I just sit, daydreaming about all the food I'd love to have.

2 Comments:

  • Vegemite on toast? If it weren't for the old Men At Work song I wouldn't even be aware of the existence of Vegemite. As it is, I've never known anyone who's actually eaten it.

    By Blogger Joe, at 1:09 p.m.  

  • marmite's better

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:38 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home