i am sic

26.5.05

(No) vacancy

I think I've just booked myself into the Edinburgh Globetrotter hostel for Friday and Saturday nights. I checked at Scotland's Top Hostels, which is where I was hoping to stay. All three were fully booked. This is a long weekend here.

Then I checked out Brodie's Hostel, named for the original Dr Jekell and Mr Hyde, Deacon Brodie. They were full and so was their other location. I came to an internet cafe and checked at hostelworld.com. According to it, all hostels in Edinburgh were fully booked, including Globetrotter. I stayed with Globetrotter in London and they were absolutely palatial in comparison with the Highlander Backpacker, which is where I'm staying now.

I decided to check Globetrotter's website, though. You know, just in case... Lo and behold, I found vacancies. I booked myself in.

I have also booked a highlands tour for tomorrow. It looks to be a lot of fun. And it involves spending much less than ten hours on a bus. And it means I get to see Castle Doune. Perhaps I can shout insults about people's parentage from the top of it. You know, in a bad French accent...

You don't know what I'm on about, do you? Well, never mind then.

Not sure what I'll do on Saturday. Perhaps another tour of some sort.

My internet time is nearly up, so I should head off to the Globetrotter to see if I really am booked in.

6 Comments:

  • "Silly English k-nigits!" Actually, it's an "outrageous" accent. ;-)

    It's had to tell from your tone, but it seems like you're having a great time. Glad to hear it.

    By Blogger CBK, at 11:02 a.m.  

  • watch out for flying cows!! or beware the dreaded second taunt!

    By Blogger cat, at 1:51 p.m.  

  • Fetchez la vache!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:17 a.m.  

  • I suggest every time you enter a decrepit castle stare at the first man you see and scream at the top of your voice, relishing each syllable: "Ramirez!"

    By Blogger Balázsy András, at 2:09 p.m.  

  • CBK & Cat: Very good.

    Chuck and Pig: I don't get it.

    By Blogger sic, at 4:37 a.m.  

  • The Kurgen? MacLeod? The Quickening? Ring any bells? Think of your forsaken hostel.

    africaman's quoting the Frenchman from Holy Grail. It's an aside to his compatriots to "Get the cow."

    By Blogger CBK, at 11:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home