i am sic

13.5.05

This is London

12 May 2005
Heathrow Airport, London

I'm in Heathrow. I'm drinking a fair-trade cappucino from AMT. It's the best cappucino on earth. Or at least it feels that way. I'm sitting in a tiny, 4-seat waiting area. I should be going through security, but coffee's not allowed in. I tried, but the ornery security dude sent me away.

I sat down here. I put my coffee on the vacant seat next to me so I could pull out my notebook. A woman promptly approached the seat and glared at me until I moved the coffee.

Now she's talking loudly and excitedly in Tagalog with her companions. She interject periodically with a loud belch and then excuses herself in English.

Well, my coffee's nearly done, so I should get going.

Incidentally, why are there no garbage bins in this place?

1 Comments:

  • I KNOW I KNOW - no bins because THEY put bombs in them....

    By Blogger jj, at 4:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home