i am sic

8.3.05

Um, okay...

I spoke to my boss. I ran into him in the kitchen and so I took the opportunity to ask him if he had a few minutes this afternoon to talk. He asked me to give him a brief synopsis. 'Summer plans', I said. He asked me to elaborate slightly. 'I need to take three weeks of vacation all at once in order to go to Calcutta to work in Mother Theresa's hospices', I responded.

His response was predictable. He laughed, shook his head and said 'ooooooookay'.

A few minutes later he called me into his office. He asked for some details of what and when and that sort of thing. He said it would be fine if (and only if) New Chick could work the day shift for the time I'm gone.

Somehow I walked away from his office with permission to go, his respect and a new weekly reposibility. And yet I still spend the vast majority of my time writing sarcastic drivel.

[shakes head and goes downstairs for coffee]

2 Comments:

  • ahh, sarcastic drivel...

    ...it truly is our generations' milieu.

    helping others...

    ...hmmm, not so much.

    By Blogger Saucy Monk, at 12:11 p.m.  

  • Howdy!!

    Lost track of your various blogs, noticed that monstersarcasm rally is on typepad or something?

    Mother Theresa? Seriously? That is rather gutsy and awesome... I confess I have not the courage to do something like that.

    Good luck to you, and I'm glad I tracked down your blogs again.

    fb

    By Blogger Frater Bovious, at 12:52 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home