i am sic

21.4.05

Co-operation with others: needs improvement

Stupid!

I bought my plane ticket from Glasgow to London last night. No problem. It was all quite simple. Today I tried to buy my train ticket from London to Edinburgh. Nope. No go. No can do. Why? Because my credit card has a non-UK billing address (duh!).

It's an e-ticket. They send me a reference number by e-mail. I quote the number on the day I travel, they check my ID and let me on.

It should be simple. It should, but it's not. First the stupid thing informs me that my postal code is not a valid UK post code. The fact that the country I selected from its list was Canada should be a dead giveaway that my address isn't in the UK, but that's beside the point. They don't need to send me anything, so what difference does it make?

Fine, I try over again, and this time plug in the hostel's address. So far, so good. Then I get to the billing section. I click the little button that says 'click here if your billing address is different than your mailing address'. Okay. It asks for my billing address. Again, I select Canada from the pulldown list of countries. It helpfully advises me that Canada is not in the UK. It then informs me that we will be unable to complete the transaction because I am refusing to co-operate.

If I don't book the train until I get there, it's going to be much more expensive.

Grr. Argh.

On a related note, train fare from Glasgow or Edinburgh to London is £90. From London to Glasgow/Edinburgh, on the other hand, is £24. Riddle me that one, Batman!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home