i am sic

14.4.05

Planning, dreaming, avoiding work...

This week hasn't been busy, so I've spent a bit of time planning my trip.

The India trip is relatively easy:

  • get money (half a check)
  • get shots
  • get visa (check)

Aside from that sort of preparation work, all I really have to do is show up. The trip is planned out for me so I don't have to worry about what to do, where to stay, where to eat, what to see, blah blah blah.

But...

After I leave Calcutta, I have an eight-day layover in the UK. That I have to plan. Where to go, what to do, what to see, where to eat... It's not remotely surprising that there are a gazillion hostels in London to choose from; however, it's a bit of a shock to learn that there are almost as many in Edinburgh. And there are 19 on the Isle of Skye! That's kind of weird, no?

So now I'm trying to come up with a plan. It's fun. I think I'm most looking forward to hiking in Scotland.

From the filthy, stinky, sweaty, crowded streets of Calcutta to the wide open spaces and coastal breezes of the Isle of Skye. From daytime highs of 40 degrees to nighttime lows barely above freezing. That's toque weather! From polluted streets to... er... wait... According to BBC weather atmospheric pollution on the Isle of Skye is quite high. What's up with that?

I'm looking forward to visiting my old housemate in London, assuming she ever checks her e-mail. I'm excited about visiting Scotland. I'm a bit apprehensive about India, but in a good way. I'm looking forward to the whole trip, but somehow none of it seems real yet.

I don't think any of it's going to sink in until I'm actually on the plane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home