i am sic

1.6.05

Chocolate soup

26 May 2005
Chocolate Soup Café, Royal Mile, Edinburgh



They actually make their hot chocolate from scratch here. I ordered a mochaccino because I could. I'm only not allergic to the very finest things, you see.

I'm not loving the hostel where I'm staying. It feels a bit like I'm staying in somebody else's home. And that person doesn't really want to talk to me...

Everybody else there is really long-term. They seem really friendly with one another, but it kind of feels like peering through the windows of some cool secret gang you're not a part of.

Also, there are eight of us in a room smaller than my bedroom back home. And since they're long-term that means a whole lotta luggage. There's no room to sneeze. And you know I always need space to sneeze.

Plus the bathrooms are just... er... weird.

I've heard good things about the Scotland's Top Hostels chain. I'm staying with them when I get to Skye. Guess I should have stayed with them here, too.

Ah well... I go back there each night to sleep and that's it.

I do believe the city has now woken up. And I've finished my fabulous mocha. Time to get going.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home