i am sic

1.6.05

Randoms

27 May 2005
Highlander Explorer bus, Scotland



The Edinburgh paradox: From wherever you are to wherever you're going, it's uphill.

1987 is alive and well and living in Scotland. I can't even count the number of times I've heard Walking on Sunshine, Love Shack, Nothing's Gonna Stop us Now... Now we're driving through the Scottish highlands listening to my local boys singing If I had a Million Dollars.




Rumour has it that Edinburgh employs a person to walk around the city on Monday mornings, collecting all the traffic cones from the tops of the statues.

Rebus's Edinburgh is not the one I've seen. Not by a long shot.




Dude in front of me is hitting on the chick next to him. She asked what this stop was. The guide had told us, but she said she'd forgotten. He told her it was the Blackfriars monument and chided her for forgetting and made a big deal of it. And he somehow actually used the word 'aiiiiight' (or however one spells it).

By the way, for the record, just so you know... It was the Black Watch monument. Idiot.