i am sic

27.4.05

Maybe I'm a cynic

No way! You are just so not going to believe this. I phoned England again, to make what I believed would be yet another futile-but-amusing attempt to purchase a train ticket from London to Edinburgh.

Strangely, though, it wasn't. It was not only successful, it was almost pleasant. The ticket agent was intelligent, coherent and helpful. I didn't have to spell Ontario even once! She'd already heard of it.

My ticket is booked. I paid the price I wanted to pay. I got the seat I wanted to get. I'll be travelling at the time I wanted to go.

Something must be wrong.

2 Comments:

  • Yay!

    By Blogger Kate the Peon, at 8:28 p.m.  

  • See, here in the UK we have equal opportunities legilsation which means that firms have to employ a certain proportion of sensible competent people. The trick is finding them.

    By Blogger Martin Locock, at 7:23 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home