i am sic

1.6.05

Calcutta in pictures

I still have more posts to enter, but I'm going to take a break for a bit. Before I go, though, I'll upload a visual feast for you.




The view somethingwards from out hotel rooftop




Looking down the alley from our hotel




The morning walk to Prem Dan
Walking on the railroad tracks just feels so wrong, and is therefore strangely satisfying.




Ous afternoon transport back from Prem Dan
These auto-rickshaws are about the size of a golf cart and have about the same horsepower, yet they drive on the street and carry as many as eight people.




The Modern Haircutting SALOON
Could I get a sasparilla with that?




My little friend
Again... 'Cause I can't stop showing her picture. Every time I passed her she'd get up and trot along beside me for a ways, trying to get me to play and wrestle with her.




A traffic jam of goats

I have a lot more pictures left to post, but I've started messing up the titles and skewing the images all funny. Maybe I should go find some lunch.

3 Comments:

  • Wow, it reminds me a lot of Thailand. Those little motorcycle taxicabs are called TukTuks in Thailand and carry an assortment of things and people on any given day.

    Great pics, looks like you had a terrific experience.

    By Blogger ..., at 6:57 a.m.  

  • Awesome photos! I love them!!

    By Blogger IB, at 1:21 p.m.  

  • you articulated your calcutta experience beautifully. check out my experience (very honest, raw...not quite as articulate at times) :) i was in calcutta at the same time last year...january-beginning of feb '05 and volunteered at prem dan :) http://mollynicholson.blogspot.com

    By Blogger molly n. warner, at 9:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home